Foundations for Effective FMEAs
Learn failure modes and effects analysis using ReliaSoft XFMEA (FMEA or FMECA) with online instructor-led training!
Failure Mode and Effects Analysis (FMEA) is a systematic method for preventing failure through risk discovery and mitigation of potential failure modes and associated causes. The Foundations for Effective FMEAs training seminar provides an overview of the concepts and procedures for FMEA and related analyses. The course provides understanding of best in class FMEA processes, including how to utilize lessons learned from past analyses to help reduce product development time and effort. Software used This course will help you understand FMEA essentials with an emphasis on the use of ReliaSoft XFMEA software for analysis, data management and reporting.
Our ONLINE courses are delivered in real-time with an instructor available to answer questions.
- Learn the best practice step-by-step process for performing FMEAs
- Proactively consider potential failures, prioritize issues based on risk and then initiate improvements early in development when modifications tend to have the biggest impact for the lowest cost
- Examine the key factors that contribute to successful FMEA projects and how to implement an effective FMEA process
- FMEA definition and history
- Application and benefits
- FMEA as part of Design for Reliability
- Types of FMEA and standards used
- FMEA process
- FMEA boundary diagrams
- FMEA P-diagram
- How to correctly define functions, failures, effects and causes
- The role of FMEA in Reliability Centered Maintenance (RCM)
- FMEA actions and tracking
- Risk analysis and prioritization
- Design review based on failure mode
- FMEA and APQP
- FMEA and validation/DVP&R
- FMEA facilitation
- Process FMEA
- Process control plan
- FMEA review: key factors
The Foundations for Effective FMEAs course is for managers and engineers that are responsible for oversight or involvement in the creation of Design and Process FMEAs. For anyone that want to create a searchable knowledge base of reliability-related information for their designs that contribute to the development of test plans, control plans, future design efforts and other activities.
Your course requires the use of a computer with a licensed ReliaSoft software installation and an audio device with a microphone. All registrants will receive a temporary ReliaSoft software license. The instructor will make use of their own webcam. Webcams for attendees is optional.
How to register for your course
Register easily via the corresponding button on this page. We will do the rest and send you a registration confirmation and further information by e-mail. You are also welcome to request individual appointments with us in this way.